Angel Forum - Vancouver for investors & entrepreneurs
Welcome. Founded 15 years ago in 1997, this is the only Angel Capital Forum ™ in Canada that introduces emerging companies to private equity Angel Investors. Presenting companies have raised over $35 million directly through the Forum. Read this third party blog comment. Since 1998, we have offered Investor Ready ™ workshops for companies and investors. For email alerts, please sign up in blue box>>>>
As the oldest & largest angel network in Western Canada with 50+ investors (from Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, Victoria, Bellingham and Seattle), we are supported by leading organizations in BC and belong to Canada's National Angel Capital Organization and US's Angel Capital Association. Our private meetings are exclusive to only pre-registered Investors, selected Companies and Sponsors. Regretfully no observers except volunteers. Video overview of Angel Forum at http://youtu.be/I1ADCK-YB-U
Investor Ready™ Overview workshop in Victoria – May 22, 2013 at VIATeC; for newer entrepreneurs & business investors (or those wanting a refresher, but not for advisors) interested in raising equity or investing in high growth companies - Draft agenda here - Speaker
is Bob Chaworth-Musters - details
& registration, click here Now 110+% full and registration closed May 16.
Company Valuation and equity
Term Sheets –
June 4, 2013 is an advanced full day Investor Ready™ workshop for experienced Company CEO/ CFOs and
Investors in downtown Vancouver. Local Expert panelists included Hans Knapp, Basil Peters and Steve Lukas. Will be led by Bill Payne, US
Angel of 2009. Now 40+% full and normal registration $295 fee starts soon. Next 10 registrations at $270.
"I attended the
"Company Valuation and Term Sheet Workshop" organized by Bob
Chaworth-Musters of Angel Forum......this workshop was probably the most useful
of all the ones that I have attended before. Not kidding." Florence Leung, CEO PeerFX,
34th Angel Forum to be October, 2013 For email alerts, please sign up in blue box>>>>
· Allocadia just closed
on $1 million, including $300,000 directly from Angel Forum investors
at Oct 2012 meeting
“The results speak for themselves, Indel Therapeutics has raised almost $800,000 from investors we met at the Angel Forum. If you attend one angel event in the Pacific Northwest, it has to be the Angel Forum.” Malcolm Kendall, CEO, Indel Therapeutics Inc
"I was expecting to only raise $100-200K from the 2012 Angel Forum and we are rapidly approaching $1 million with $865k raised to date and more on the way. The only thing that slowed us down was our own paperwork on how much we could raise from this event. I have to go back to our lawyers to draft a larger term sheet." Eric Winsborrow, ZanttZ Inc
“Solegear Bioplastics presented at the 2012 Angel Forum and received $354,000 directly. In a challenging financial market, our expectations for the number, quality and capabilities of the investors at the Forum were greatly exceeded with 24 interested investors. The Angel Forum is a MUST for any entrepreneur looking to advance their technology venture.”
Toby Reid, CEO Solegear Bioplastics
Survey of 40 of the 60 investors who registered for May 2012 Angel Forum:
· 58% are interested in all industry sectors.
· 32% are specifically interested in IT.
· 42% are interested in all company stages of development.
· 42% are specifically interested in companies with sales of less than $500K.
2012 BC Angel Investor of the Year is Mike Edwards
Direct Funding by Angel Forum investors in last 30 months:
· Aeos Biomedical closed $400,000+ including 4+ Angel Forum investors
· Gogiro Internet received $250,000 in funding·
· Etuve Food obtained $100,000 funding
· Indel Therapeutics added $200,000 to $210,000 closed in Oct.
· SemiosBIO closed $215,000 including 4 Angel Forum investors.
· Spiral Genetics has 1 interested investor looking to join another investor
· Dark Matter Labs has closed on an undisclosed amount.
· Chatterblock has closed on $100,000
· Metabolomic Technologies has closed on an undisclosed amount.
· PeopleMenders has closed on $100,000
· Hatsize Corp closed $200,000.
· S2G BioChemicals has $200,000 of commitments & looking for more.
"Angel Forum Vancouver is the best Angel meeting I've attended to date. Where most groups spend their time talking about investing, Angel Forum is serious and funds deserving companies. I found excellent investment opportunities, presenting in a well regulated format, with thoughtful review and discussion following each one. The best part - follow through with due diligence and investment. Angel Forum Vancouver is what I'm looking for in an Angel Investment Group!” Gillian Muessig, Investor and Co-founder, President SEOmoz, Seattle.
"Thanks for organizing the Angel forum. I never would have connected with so many angels investors without it" Michael Gilbert, CEO SemiosBIO
"The Angel Forum is about the best organized event I have attended (ranging from across Canada and the Pacific NW). And having the drumbeat going before and after is a real difference from most other events." Christopher Procyshyn, CEO of VanRX Pharmasystems.
"I found that the investors in attendance at the Angel Forum were extraordinary - a well-informed group and asked relevant questions that added value to the overall presentation" Mark Kornak, Angel Investor.
ANGEL FORUM PROCESS
Instead of entrepreneurs trying to find and meet with investors they don't know, we present the entrepreneur in one meeting to ~ 50 investors, saving everyone time (the cost equals two coffees per investor attending). Are you Investor Ready?
· A company submits on-line their Profile which if selected, is available on-line, only to 40+ pre-registered Investors, ~ 1 week before the Forum.
· An existing company investor is invited to attend (no fee) to act as Deal Lead at the Forum and very importantly lead post presentation follow-up.
· Company also uploads / updates their Executive Summary, Video (simple computer cam video get 70% more views) and Investor Presentation, for access only by Investors who pre-register before and after each Forum.
· After the company has registered, all required information is reviewed and companies with the best chance of being funded, are selected.
· Critical that the company and Deal Lead investor, pre-sets a due diligence meeting within 2-4 days after the Forum, to invite interested investors to.
· Applying companies and investors are invited to a no-cost legal and tax workshop by PricewaterhouseCoopers and Fasken Martineau, a week before the Angel Forum.
· All day the selected companies demo their products to investors in exhibition room (including networking breaks & closing wine reception).
· At the Forum, 18+ companies deliver, a 10 minute presentation plus 4 minutes for Q&A, then a 5 minute Investor-Only debrief.
· After each presentation, the investors (including your Lead investor) discuss the company and determine who wishes to team-up to investigate further and co-invest.
· During the Investor-Only debrief, very brief notes are taken on company strengths / challenges and then sent later to all presenters and investors.
· Within 24 hours, all investors (who record their interest) are linked with each company and we encourage 1 - 3 investors to co-lead the due diligence process.
· Our meetings or online information etc., do not constitute a solicitation to sell or to buy any securities of the presenting companies. We are not a broker / dealer / advisor and are not registered with any regulators.
"Over the past year we have attended a number of Investor/Entrepreneur events and I must tell you that the Vancouver Angel Forum is by far the most effective results oriented event in the country. Bruce Davidsen, Chairman, Protean Software
"The Angel Forum was one of the more valuable events we’ve been part of this year. It gave us direct access to active investors and the opportunity to have real and honest discussions with them about our business." Natalie Sisson Co-Founder, ConnectionPoint Systems Inc.
"The Angel Forum is such a valued, professional resource and will refer anyone I know." Melodi Wood, CEO Peoplemenders.com
Investor Choice Awards and the 18 companies that presented March 11 (selected from 46 applications). 61 investors registered - 44 companies reviewed - 18 selected - 0 spaces left
Please review our selection criteria before submitting your Company Profile. Then apply / register here to present.
Investors: Please register here. Annual membership saves time and $$ with discount on workshops and bringing a new investor guest (no fee).