| Canadian Ethnic Studies Journal|
|A brief outline of the Journal|
- The journal was founded in 1969. It's published three times a year and is the official publication of the Canadian Ethnic Studies Association.
- It is a fully refereed, interdisciplinary journal devoted to the study of
ethnicity, immigration, inter-group relations, and the history and
cultural life of ethnic groups in Canada.
- In addition to journal articles, issues also include book and film
reviews, opinions, immigrant memoirs, translations of primary sources,
an "ethnic voices" section, and an annual index.
- The journal has an international readership, both in its printed and online versions.
A brief outline on how to submit your manuscript
should be approximately 20-30 pages long (text in Times 12 pt.).
Shorter papers will be considered for inclusion as research notes.
Delete all identifying references from your manuscript; the author’s
name(s) should appear only on the title page. Include an abstract.
Manuscripts should conform to the Chicago Manual of Style (the author–date system is preferred, although some subjects may require endnotes; CES does not publish footnotes).
- Electronic submissions
are accepted in Microsoft Word format. Please ensure that all
identifying references have been removed from the electronic version.
Send clearly identified files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Canadian Ethnic Studies
charges a processing fee equivalent to the cost of an annual individual
subscription for each manuscript submitted. This fee must accompany the
manuscript for it to be considered for publication (see form below).
The fee is waived for current members/subscribers. The journal does not
assess page charges or any other handling fees. The journal encourages
membership in the Canadian Ethnic Studies Association to assist in the
dissemination of knowledge regarding various aspects of Canadian
- Submission of a manuscript to another professional journal while it is under review by CES is unacceptable.
For further information on the Canadian Ethnic Studies Journal, click here
| About CESA | Conferences | Membership | CES Journal |
| CESA Français | Contact Us |
Copyright © 2014 Canadian Ethnic Studies Association. All rights