CENTILE Colloquium Agenda
7:45 - 8:45 a.m.
Teaching Academy Breakfast
(Ming-Jung Ho, MD, DPhil, Aviad Haramati, PhD & Dean Lee Jones, MD)
8:50 - 9 a.m.
(Pamela Saunders, PhD & Dean Lee Jones, MD)
9 - 9:20 a.m.
Plenary - Overview of the Learning Environment Framework
(Aviad Haramati, PhD)
9:20 - 10:10 a.m.
Panel: Learning Environments - Social & Organizational Domains
- Results of the Resident/Fellow and Student Mistreatment Survey (Jonathan Davis, MD & Mary A. Furlong, MD)
- Medical Student Mistreatment on the OB/GYN Clerkship (Nicholas Hazen, MD, Grace Leffler, BS & Sophia Nunn, BS)
- Specialty Disrespect (Kathryn M. Hart, MD & Susan M. Cheng, EdLD, MPP)
- Panel Discussion / Q&A
10:15 - 10:55 a.m.
Oral Session: Solutions to Improve the Student Learning Environment
- Medical Humanities for the Preclinical Years (Michael J. Pottash, MD, MPH & Julia Langley, MBA)
- Georgetown University School of Medicine ARCHES Curriculum on Culturally Competent Care for Gender Minorities (Leon Lai, MD & Elke Zschaebitz, DNP)
- The Importance of Social Learning in a Group Simulated Patient Encounter (Elizabeth M. Chawla, MD)
11:05 - 11:55 a.m.
Oral Session: Solutions to Improve through the Faculty Learning Environment
- Trust within the Learning Environment (H. Carrie Chen, MD, PhD)
- Instructional Designers: Collaborating on Course Creation with Innovation and Impact (Catherine Horvath, DNP, CRNA)
- Self-Directedness, Grit, and Compassionate Teaching in Doctoral Nursing Education (Krista A. White, PhD, RN, Lisa A. Ruth-Sahd, DEd, RN & Peggy Slota, DNP, RN)
- GUMC Faculty: Perceptions of Wellness (Anjali Gupta, MD)
Noon - 12:25 p.m.
Breakout groups - Improving 4 Domains of the Learning Environment
(Large Group Discussion)
12:25 - 12:30 p.m.
(Pamela A. Saunders, PhD & Aviad Haramati, PhD)